October 08, 2010

Turn the page.

So, I just happened to read a blogpost written by someone I know, and I was really amused. Why is it that people try so hard to be 'deep'? Why do you want to pretend to be somebody you're not? When it's forced, you can tell it is. It's a little obvious, and it shows. When you use fancy words just to make a point and use abstract figures of speech to sound very surreal and unique. I don't think writing works that way.
What you are is what you write. Atleast, that's how I see it. Everyone has a different way of looking at the spectrum. You're either on the violet end, or you're far away at the red one. Either way, you know what I'm talking about. The entire pretentious act of writing something that you are not, and then making it look like that's what you are is quite a fail. It's also disappointing to see how hard that person tries, really.
I remember the time when I was a people-pleaser. Now I look back on it and see how different I really am. I don't do things just so others come up with a particular reaction to it. I do it because I want to, I feel like, and it's me. It's what defines me. I don't care what you have to think about it. Honestly, if we all lived just to please others, we'd get way too exhausted of living in itself. It's one thing being yourself, and another thing trying to be what others want you to be.
See the last few lines there? Me trying to do the pretentious writing thing.
Not bad for a first-timer, eh?
Like I say, everything has to have a first time.

1 comment:

  1. Writing, has the ability to make someone feel "out of the world" (literally), but that has to be a once in a while thing, i think ull find one such writing, in every blog. If someone is writing only such things, they might be going through a depression. Making sense am i? :))

    ReplyDelete